trouble with multiple QU-You apps not the same

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting trouble with multiple QU-You apps not the same

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

Hi folks, I had my Qu24 console up running (not on a job) and I was experimenting with the new Qu-You app on one i-Pad and one i-Phone.
    On the i-Pad, I was running Qu-You and assigned a few channels and named the four thumbwheels on mix 1. It worked great as expected.

Then I turned on the i-Phone and verified that I was logged into the same router (Apple Express).
    With Qu-You running, I looked at mix 1,…. but none of the thumbwheels were named like the i-Pad, and in fact were greyed out, however, the master fader for mix 1 on the i-Phone did control the volume master for mix 1 on the console and the i-Pad. Neither the i-Pad nor the i-Phone had the lock turned on. My assumption is that the lock only keeps the user of each device from accidentally changing the wrong mix.

I think and I could be wrong, but this appears to be a pretty big bug. I would expect that even though it would be somewhat unusual, I should be able to have two musicians with their own separate i-Phones running the same mix. If they are both on mix 1, then both i-Phones should display the same exact thing or i-Phones, i-Pads etc.

Shouldn’t I be able to run seven i-Pads and have all of them control mix 1 if I wanted?

So, has anyone else tried controlling the same mix on more than one i-device using the same mix?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Yes, but you need to set each one up.

Maybe an export option, but not sure how you’d transfer it. Setting the groups omly takes a moment.

equally they could all have different aspects of the mix into mix1…

Profile photo of mamerica
    mamerica
    Participant

I think what you are describing is by design. They are all independent of each other.

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

Bob, While I think they should all mirror each other, I think you may be on to something, I will try your suggestion and report back!
    Thanks,
    Dan

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

They have no relationship with each other, they are purely configurable remote controls

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

Bob, it does work as you say,
    although you do have to set each device up,… but multiple devices can indeed control the same mix.
    THANKS!

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

My understanding is that there can be only 7 qu-you connections, don’t know if the 8th kivks off the first or fails to connect…

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

I think seven devices is more than I think would ever need. 🙂

Thanks Bob!

Dan

Profile photo of LKY
    LKY
    Participant

Seven,

I see the Sven coming from the seven mixes it controls…

Mix 1-4 (4 mono mixes)
    Mix 5-10 (3 stereo mixes)

I haven yet run more than 4 iOS devices at once…

I’d hope that perhaps it will allow more than 7 devices…it would be nice to have a mirrored device in some cases…

Can anyone test?

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

I’ve not run too many either.
    I’d quite like the lightweight protocol to be published/engineered, partly because I’d quite like an app which just displays all the monitors

Profile photo of LKY
    LKY
    Participant

Bob,

Like a display of each mix, with the levels assigned, and pan?

Might be nice to have that on pc, intend of flip on the console…

Perhaps a nice page showing all 7 possibles with mini meters for all 40 inputs…

LKY

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Just a replica of the metering page on the console, so that I have an instant, and “always on” visibility of when the lead singer has cranked his voice up a few tens of dB (yes, he does that, makes setting a level in sound check rather hard, I normally give him more like 25-30dB headroom, rather than the 18db for others)

It gives the same confidence for the outputs, so I know I’m not clipping the output to FOH or any of the monitors.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.