Temp Replacement of SQ7 with SQ5

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Temp Replacement of SQ7 with SQ5

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SySy
    Participant

Hi all,

My church in Singapore uses an SQ7 which has several faulty local outputs, sticky faders and intermittent cooling fan operation. Consequently, we need to send it in for repair. As a temporary replacement, we only have access to an SQ5.

Our system comprises x1 SQ7, x1 DX Hub & x2 DX-168s.

To set up the SQ5 is it possible to import our SQ7 Show file into the SQ5 and then just reassign its reduced fader count (16 + 1) accordingly? If not, I would be grateful for any advice on how best to configure the SQ5 in this scenario?

Many thanks.

Symen
    Singapore

Profile photo of KeithJ A&HKeithJ A&H

Hi @Sy

Any Show/Scene from any model of SQ can be recalled on any other SQ, as long as they are running the same firmware.
    It will recall as a ‘best fit’, so the differences going from SQ-7 to SQ-5 will be the channel strip layout as you say, but also any local input/output patching as well as the missing Soft Rotaries and SoftKeys.
    Saying that – if you use SQ-MixPad, you’ll still have access to SoftKeys 9-16 through the app 🙂

If you have a lot of scenes stored from the SQ-7 that you want to recall on the SQ-5, you might want to make use of the global recall filter for channel strip layout to avoid having to set up the channel strip again for every individual scene.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of SySy
    Participant

Hi Keith,

Thank you very much for the very helpful advice. On the whole, the changeover went smoothly and while we “lost” the channel strip layout for Layer B (I/ps 17 – 32) they were easily restored. The only other issues was a missing User’s List but that too was quickly restored.

Lastly, regarding spare parts for our SQ7 would you know the present lead times for faders, cooling fans and the local XLR output boards? Or could we expect the Singapore Authorised Service Centre would have these items already in stock?

Thank you.

Symen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.