Suggested FOH setup

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Suggested FOH setup

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Scott Scott 7 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of D
    D
    Participant

HI guys, I am needing some assistance regarding the best solution to set up our FOH on the GLD80 we just got. I would like to know the best way to split the mainL/R and subs. For example: Main L (Input1) Main R (Input2) and Subs (Input3). I’m just not that familiar with the GLD80 yet.

Thanks

Profile photo of Nathan
    Nathan
    Participant

If you are just wanting a mono sum of the LR for the sums then in the setup > config > main drop down box you can select LR + mSum. If you want a separate mix then you can use LR + M which will allow you to turn things on and off in the mono mix separately but not adjust the level independently. If you need independent adjust of levels as well then use an aux.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

You can run subs with their own master on the console, or you can run a summed L+R out, or you can run a simple stereo L/R setup similar to many analog consoles. What did you replace with the GLD-80, are you plugging into an existing system? You may want to keep it similar to the original setup initially until you get used to the GLD-80 and explore other options.

Personally for me I like the separate MONO + L + R, because it allows you to route only signals to the sub that you want like an Aux fed sub setup. You can then use a DCA to control your L/R & sub levels on a single fader. The GLD is very flexible and allows for many setup options.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.