Subgroups?

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ General Discussions Subgroups?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brian Brian 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Butcher
    Butcher
    Participant

Hi, i’m looking for a new mixer for my band and got interested in the CQ18T, but i cannot find if it’s possible to make subgroups (i need them to mic the drumkit so after i mixed all the kit i can easely change all the drumkit level with one fader).
    Is the subgrouping feature missing?

Profile photo of mfusa
    mfusa
    Participant

Groups/mix busses/DCA’s are not currently features on the CQ line. I doubt we’ll get true groups or mix busses added but DCA’s should be pretty easy from a software perspective and have been requested by many as an enhancement request. Please add your support to the DCA enhancement thread on that section of the forum. Thanks!

Profile photo of Chienmort
    Chienmort
    Participant

Groups are something I always use on my current digital mixer, and it is disappointing that the feature is not on the CQs. I have drums, BVs on separate groups so just one slider to move for each. I have not used DCAs so it would be another learning curve.

Profile photo of BigMerv
    BigMerv
    Participant

DCAs work just like subgroups (mostly)
    Assign your inputs to a DCA and control them with a master DCA fader.
    Until A&H add this much requested feature, you can use Mixing Station (well developed and used 3rd party app) which has your pseudo subgroups – DCAs – and a few other useful bits that A&H haven’t added yet.

Profile photo of Chienmort
    Chienmort
    Participant

Thanks for that. I should have read up a bit before posting. I have the demo version of Mixing Station and I cannot see the DCA function. I also do not like the UI on Mixing Station, although I have not yet investigated how to change the look and feel.

Profile photo of willmodelisme
    willmodelisme
    Participant

MS has a learning curve but nothing too hard. Once you’ll get ease with it’s an amazing software to use.
    I also find UI not to be sexy but it’s efficient. And that’s all we need.
    Also you can get a lot of support from the dedicated FB group.
    Sure it will help you.

Profile photo of BigMerv
    BigMerv
    Participant

MS definitely isn’t as pretty and I’ve had to spend some time getting the hang of setting it up.
    Once it’s setup though, it’s more akin to QU-Mix (which is great) than the current version of CQ-Mix – which will hopefully improve.🤲

There are already a few basic CQ templates on the Mixing Station forum with mute groups and iDCAs👍🏻

It’s £5:99 for the pro version and this will have all the bells & whistles you need.
    Good thing too if you want full control of your CQ on a phone!👍🏻😃

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Thanks for that. I should have read up a bit before posting. I have the demo version of Mixing Station and I cannot see the DCA function. I also do not like the UI on Mixing Station, although I have not yet investigated how to change the look and feel.

There are two types of DCAs in Mixing Station. First, it controls whatever normal DCAs are available in the console. If the console has 16 DCAs available, you can control those 16 DCAs in Mixing Station. Since the CQ doesn’t have any DCA functionality (at least currently), you won’t find this functionality in Mixing Station. The second kind of DCA is called “IDCA” and this is a Mixing Station “exclusive”. When you edit your layers layout, you can add IDCAs via the button in the upper right corner. You’ll assign what channels you want in the IDCA and then it will work exactly like a normal DCA.

Hopefully that helps!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.