Status of switched off channels unclear.

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Status of switched off channels unclear.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Karsten Karsten 1 year ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Karsten
    Karsten
    Participant

When in routing section, channels switched off are displayed by an outlined rectangle, rather than a solid one – the size of the rectangle representing the current volume of the channel.
    To have a better overview of the overall settings I found myself unnecessarily rising volumes of channels switched off to 0 dB, just to be sure and able to see that certain channels are switched off. If faders were set to minus infinity one can not differentiate if the rectangle is outlined or solid.
    Fear is, due to the way I have done it, when I switch a channel on, I might cause havok, because of the fader positions being up high from the start.
    I’d rather have faders set to minus infinity and channel switches off and still would be able to identify switched off channels.
    Suggestion: In case fader position is purposely set to minus infinity AND channel is switched off, the the outlined rectangle is drawn below the usual position – around the mix number.
    Or any other possible form of formatting. Maybe mix number in bold text or in red…?
    Certainly, I could set levels to only -40 dB to “create” a small outlined box and mitigate the chance of unwanted volume surprises, but I still find this workaround unpractical.
    Anyone with likewise thoughts?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

There are different ways to get the routing information.

Profile photo of Karsten
    Karsten
    Participant

Ok, so I’m a newbie. I’am experiencing the above when working with the SQ mix pad app.
    Please specify how I could retract that information (channel is switched off yes/no) differently.
    Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.