stage box compatibility i-Live and d-Live

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions stage box compatibility i-Live and d-Live

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Neakmenter Neakmenter 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

I have a church that is wanting to purchase two d-Live 5000 consoles to replace their i-Live consoles,
    they need to know if the stage boxes that they are currently using for their i-Live are compatible…
    my guess is a big fat NO

Also, if they need 64 channels, what model d-Live and box/s should they get?
    tia

Profile photo of trinity productions
    trinity productions
    Participant

via Dante or Waves only to send signal back and forth…other than that, nope

64 without expanders, 48 or 32 with remote expanders

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

thank you for taking time to respond, but the second sentance is rather confusing…
    64 channels without expanders?

They will have a console for the worship center (sanctuary), and a second console in a remote video suite.
    So, my assumption is that they will need the two 5000 consoles, a DM64 and two Dante cards… correct?

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Do you need physical XLR inputs on both consoles? If not, then take one DM64 and one DM32 (or CDM versions) and two gigaACE cards to link them. They’re cheaper than Dante/Wawes and transport 128 ch both ways in 96 kHz.

ddff

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

thanks ddff_lv,
    the DM64 would be in the stage area where their existing i-Live idr box is, and neither console would need any more XLR ins & outs apart from what the surface connections already provide. Thanks for the advice of the gigaACE cards as opposed to Dante, Excellent!

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

There’s a theory that one day one mixrack will be able to serve 2 surfaces via one gigACE card, each surface then would have control over 64 channels. Not sure if/when this will be implemented but that would even more simplify your planned setup.

ddff

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

same as using two GLD consoles and sharing inputs, the purple boxes are connected to the “master” console and then shared via Dante, but the master console is still in charge of gain/trim settings 🙁

Profile photo of Mark Oakley
    Mark Oakley
    Participant

Hey folks; don’t forget that you won’t have any control of the pre-amps on the stage boxes if you use an iLive IDR with a dLive surface. The earliest point in the signal flow the network cards can output the signal from is after the preamp. If the preamps start clipping halfway through a show, you’re out of luck.

-Mark

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Well, I think the plan is not to use any iLive HW anymore as I suggested in my post. If there is still iLive, then only Dante/Waves can be used for transport and gain problem needs to be solved.

ddff

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

I assume (I know that’s a bad thing to do) that with two d-Live consoles and a gigaACE card in each one of the consoles, one of them would still need to be in charge of the gain yes/no? I am guessing that the DM64 is in fact the mic preamps, even though there are preamps in the console for the surfact inputs one console would need to be the master of the preamps on the DM64 and two consoles can’t control them, just one, and I would assume the one that is the clock master.

Profile photo of Neakmenter
    Neakmenter
    Participant

At the moment with firmware 1.40 ONLY 1 physical surface console can be used per mixrack…

You can use a computer running director or an iPad running mixpad to act as a second console via software.

I believe that A&H are working on getting multiple consoles per mixrack on a future firmware release.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.