sq5 dante card price

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions sq5 dante card price

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of QuDrew QuDrew 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of QuDrew
    QuDrew
    Participant

Can someone explain to me why the sq5 dante card is roughly twice as much as a comparable yamaha TF series dante card?

thanks,
    Andrew

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

It’s also half the price of the D-Live/Avantis 64 channel Dante card. There are lots of reasons. Different channel counts. Technology changes. Some manufacturers make their own chips.

Profile photo of Tobi
    Tobi
    Participant

Its twice as good 🙂

Profile photo of QuDrew
    QuDrew
    Participant

this is not a serious forum..

Profile photo of Tobi
    Tobi
    Participant

The question was Strange.

Profile photo of Søren Steinmetz
    Søren Steinmetz
    Participant

Big part of the reason could be:

1: NY64-D is strictly 48khz vs the A&H card 48K + 96K

2: The A&H has src (Sample Rate Converter) allowing you to run 48K on the Dante network, while still run 96K internal in the console (wivh btw the console always do, regardless og external connections)

These two points require a higher standard of components after all.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

this is not a serious forum..

I disagree. The first response to your question was accurate. The A&H SQ Dante card is twice as expensive as the Yamaha NY64-D card because in part, it is twice as powerful. Normal Dante chips will half the I/O count when you increase the clock speed from 48k to 96k. The Allen & Heath card does not do this. You can get the full 64 I/O channel count even running at 96k. The Yamaha card cannot do this, and most other non A&H Dante products can’t either. This is because A&H has designed their Dante cards themselves and don’t use the standard Audinate chips in their products, ensuring the get full channel I/O capabilities even running at 96k.

Is that serious enough for you? 😉

Profile photo of QuDrew
    QuDrew
    Participant

thank you. I appreciate these answers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.