SQ Rack Mixer?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ Rack Mixer?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alex_Petrov_59 Alex_Petrov_59 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of EJC
    EJC
    Participant

I can’t be alone in thinking an SQ rack mixer would be a really great product? I was hoping for announcement at NAMM… maybe next time!

I’ve searched the forum but please feel free to move/merge this post if needed.

My situation is:
    I’m a freelancer looking to get a small desk, and I also run a small PA company. The company has QU16 and SQ5, and we share an AR2412 between them.

I would also have bought a QU-SB, but I don’t believe it has the capability to double as a DSnake stagebox?

My *new* application would be for a new band, to run monitors from the stage (for which the QU doesn’t have enough output routing flexibility). Essentially, the product I’d love would be an SQ, in a rack format.

With the same core, ability to add DEEP processing, and a DSnake output so I could either hand cat5 to FOH, or just otherwise use it as a stagebox with our other mixers.

At the moment, I think my option is the x32 rack – but I’d much rather stay within the ecosystem!

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

+1

I agree!

We actually use a X32 Rack on stage for IEM mixing and for our drum inputs. We use Dante to connect it to our Avantis, but because the X32 is 48khz, the Dante network runs at 48khz. If there was a SQ Rack, the entire ecosystem could run at 96k (and wouldn’t require Dante to connect the two brands together).

Plus the X32 inputs (routed through Dante to the Avantis) have a longer total processing time than the A&H stage boxes do. That’s why we run our drums on those inputs because we would be delaying them anyway in an effort to time align them to the mains (because they are such a loud acoustic instrument at the back of the stage).

Profile photo of Alex_Petrov_59
    Alex_Petrov_59
    Participant

Yes, it would be great to have SQ-SB or SQ-PAC for small groups too.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.