SQ 6 and Logic X 10.5

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ 6 and Logic X 10.5

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Twice
    Twice
    Participant

Hello
    Ny First post here, Sorry for my English, I bought a SQ 6 for 2 weekend ago, all works fine. But I can’t get sound from the USB B and to ny mac. Logic x 10.5. I Can see that My SQ6 is chosent as audio interface in Logic x 10.5 and when I use software instrument from logic x 10.5 I get the sound to SQ6 via USB B. But when i Will like to rec. Audio to logic X 10.5 nothing go in. Can someone help me ?
    Twice

Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

Hi Twice,

on the logic side: Is SQ choose be the INPUT AND OUTPUT device?

on your SQ: go to the I/O screen and check your output settings. Go to OUTPUT on the left hand side, then click USB in the top row.
    There you can link your SQ channels to the desired USB output. I have a 1 to 1 patching, meaning channel 1 goes to output 1, channel 2 goes to output 2, etc. If your SQ has the latest firmware (1.5) click on PATCH before you patch something. It is there that you dont accidentally patch something you don´t want to be repatched.
    on the Setup Screen you´ll find another USB important thing: You can choose your USB B (back of your SQ) or SQ drive (on the mixer surface) to active. You can´t have both. Set the sample rate (48 or 96kHz), so that it matches your Logic project. I assume you don´t record at 96kHz, so set it to 48. Check in Logic project Settings/Audio if there is also 48kHz.

That should set you up, i hope!

CHeers

Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

Hi Twice,

I made a video for you!

Hope it helps.

Cheers.

Profile photo of Twice
    Twice
    Participant

Hey Andre it’s very kind of you, unfortunately I have done all Those thing. And I Can see on the meters on the SQ that it sendning out
    On usb B. And in my mac I Can see sound/midi is Coming in to the Mac, but nothing comming in to Logic X 10.5. Before I upgrade to 10.5 it works fine. Strange. I have a second Imac also on Catalina, and I try to send usb from Sq, and it works fine (GarageBand)
    STRANGES.

Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

Oh that´s a pitty.

I´ve never done that, but can you downgrade to 10.4.8? Or is it essential for your work to be on 10.5?
    I googled Logic Pro and Catalina was a little shooked how many problems there are!

Maybe someone with the same setting can chime in. Stay strong.

Cheers

Profile photo of Twice
    Twice
    Participant

Hello
    I Found out that in Catalina OS, you have to go to settings, anonymity, chose mic, and chose those programs you like (Logic).
    And it all works fine.
    But Them I have a routings problem, in logic I have USB from the Mac to go in to SQ on Canal 31/32. When I record somthing lets say on Canal 9/10 it works fine, but if I record on 1/2 evrything that comes from Usb Canal 31/32 goes to 1/2, mabye it comes from master on the SQ i Can’t find out.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Logic is in some reasons not that straight forward as it Apple describes

since the SQ is patchable on the USB, your problems can come from the lack of overview

a good starting point is to write everything down to paper or draw a scheme
    with your desired patch
    and if not done automatically rename every connection to something unique
    to make shure you don’t get confused with the labels
    maybe that helps

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.