Solo in place Workaround when using Subgroups

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Solo in place Workaround when using Subgroups

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of JohannesK JohannesK 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JohannesK
    JohannesK
    Participant

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a workaround for using solo in place when using sub-groups? I mean, is there a way to “solo-in-place-listen” to a channel if it is not routed to Main?

Cheers

Johannes

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

To be honest, if it is not contributing to main, there is no sense in solo-in-place.
    If you route the input to a sub group, you need to make the sub group solo as well.

Profile photo of Martijn
    Martijn
    Participant

Hi JohannesK,

You can exclude channels (Like subgroups FX returns etc) from SIP (Solo In Place).
    Surface Setup>Audio>SIP and select the channels you want to exclude.

If you exclude the subgroups the will stay unmuted when selecting a SIP member.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Martijn, thanx for that hint. Something learned today.

JohannesK
    Participant

@martijn: Ah, okay! I got it! I will try that! Thank you!

Generally I should have mentioned what I was tryin to do: I wanted to use the SIP-Fuction like the solo-button in a DAW while working on a Band pre production with VSC. I just build a workaround with using the PAFL and patching my monitor speakers to the PAFL-Outputs of my dLive. Then it actually works like I was expecting the SIP-Function…

Anyway, thanks everybody for your comments, that was really helpful!

Profile photo of Martijn
    Martijn
    Participant

@johannesk
    Explaining is always the hardest thing 😉 (Thank you for making it clear!)

In this case yes the PAFL output is what you want.

If you choose the IEM outputs(Stereo) or wedge (mono) you can also have a fader to control the level of your output with the IEM/wedge fader

JohannesK
    Participant

“If you choose the IEM outputs(Stereo) or wedge (mono) you can also have a fader to control the level of your output with the IEM/wedge fader”

THIS is much more comfortable!

Thanks again!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.