Soft Keys, momentary and invert options

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Soft Keys, momentary and invert options

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of kub kub 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Phil Driscoll
    Phil Driscoll
    Participant

I often use soft keys to implement features common on broadcast desks, such as talkback to multiple different destinations or temporarily routing a snoop microphone to PAFL ext in so I can hear the conductor of an orchestra responding to talkback.

For many of these functions, life would be a whole lot easier and safer if the soft keys were momentary rather than latching. Additionally, the keys often work in the opposite sense to their intended function. For example, implementing talkback to a particular aux mix usually involves turning OFF a mute group.

So, my feature request is for the soft key configuration screen to present two more options:
    momentary/latching
    and
    normal/inverted switch behaviour
    It can all default to the current behaviour, so hopefully, cause no confusion or problems loading scenes/shows.

I could then have, say, a talk to Aux3 soft key which is momentary in action, and turns off a mute group (but still lights up) when activated.

Profile photo of kub
    kub
    Participant

+1

the softkeys could be so powerful, but i just have a lot of them with no proper functions to assign.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.