SLink To 2 SQ Desks

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SLink To 2 SQ Desks

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of nottooloud nottooloud 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of NGS
    NGS
    Participant

Hi,
    I just wanted to check for an event coming up, pretty standard running different mixes off a couple desks, but I haven’t done this with SLink before or SQs. Just wanted to double check, will it work to just use an ethernet switch to split from the snake to 2 cables to run one to each desk?
    (Sorry if this is plain stupid. Operated plenty of things, not done so much setting up from scratch before so just looking into these things now.)

Profile photo of NGS
    NGS
    Participant

Realise it won’t work (I don’t think) on a normal switch due to protocols they operate on. Is there a switch that would?

Profile photo of NGS
    NGS
    Participant

Realise it won’t work (I don’t think) on a normal switch due to protocols they operate on. Is there a switch that would?

Profile photo of Tobi
    Tobi
    Participant

No,you have to Daisy Chain the consoles or use Dante.

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

If you’re using the inputs on one of the desks, you can tie line the preamps to the other desk with one cable SLink to SLink. If you’re using stageboxes, you’ll need an extra SLink card in one of the desks. In either case, only one desk will have preamp level control.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.