Show channel names instead of numbers

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Show channel names instead of numbers

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alec Alec 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Edi
    Edi
    Participant

On GLD you can see the names assigned to the channels when you view the IO section or also when you have a look at the insert points of FX, routing, etc.
    It would improve the workflow a lot if this could also be shown on SQ.
    Imagine you want to add a deesser to a vocal channel during live performance. Now you have to first check on which input your vocal channel is,
    to select the correct insert point for the deesser. On GLD I just scroll through the channels until it show the correct inputs’ name.

Profile photo of Edi
    Edi
    Participant

Any info if this will be addressed in a future update?

Profile photo of Alec
    Alec
    Participant

But that it how it works – showing channel names, isn’t it?

I don’t have the mixer beside me right now, but in SQPad, FX inserts and I/O channels display names, not numbers. As far as I can see from the manual, there isn’t an option to choose between channel number and channel name. Nor does it appear that this was a feature introduced in a firmware update.

Or is this another of those infuriating cases of where the interface behaves differently depending on the platform you’re on (SQ / Mixpad Windows / Mixpad Android)?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.