Setup Dante IDR48 and CDM48

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Setup Dante IDR48 and CDM48

Tagged: , , , ,

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stefan Stefan 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Stefan
    Stefan
    Participant

Hi, I‘ve been using iLive tt112 and IDR48 for over 6 years now, and it‘s Time to Upgrade to a new system. I thought about going to buy a CDM48 with a C3500 surface.
    As a Stand-Alone combination for FOH and Monitoring this should do the trick for most bands I’m working with but regarding bigger festivals, where a designated Monitorconsole with an additional engineer is a must-have, I wonder whether it is possible to put my ole IDR48 to good use. It has a Dante card and the new one will have a Dante card too.
    Is it possible to link these two via Dante, so I would be able to get the inputs of the CDM48 as Monitorfeeds, same as getting a shoutline from the FOH – Talkback to the Monitorengineer and vice versa.
    The Monitordesk should gainshare the preamps on the CDM48 (trim), whereas the FOH could make good use of the additional Inputs of the IDR48 should the need arise.
    As far as I understood the concept, this would have separate PFL on both sides (good thing)
    Thanks Stefan

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.