Setting default mix on Broadcast Surface sharing one Mixrack with FOH

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting Setting default mix on Broadcast Surface sharing one Mixrack with FOH

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Is there a way to have a secondary surface lock on to another Mix( Matrix, aux etc.) as it’s main mix? Right now you can select the mix, but it can be easy to accidentally go back to Main LR mix. Furthermore, some features lock on to Main LR. For example, if pafl for inputs is set to post fader on the broadcast surface, I can’t hear any of the inputs dedicated to broadcast due to the fact that FOH is not using those inputs/has them turned all the way down. The same is true if you have post fader fx sends that are used only by the broadcast surface.

I guess another way to describe this would be a way to define what “fader” post fader is. Is it the fader feeding into main LR or the fader feeding into X mix?

Profile photo of Mathias Thunbo
    Mathias Thunbo
    Participant

Hi,

If I understand you correctly, you want to build a mix from FOH surface, but control that mix from Broadcast surface. Is that correct? In that case you are correct; You can just press MIX on that mix.
    The only way (that I know of) to have the Broadcast surface to be ‘independent’, and have it “locked” on its own Main LR mix, is to have a second mixrack (DM0 eg.), with a GigaACE card.
    I haven’t seen or heard of a way, to ‘Lock’ a surface to a specific mix unfortunately.

To answer the PAFL question:
    due to the fact that FOH is not using those inputs/has them turned all the way down
    Select the channel, press Routing, set them to OFF on Main LR, and set the faders to 0 on the Main LR layer. That way they can be ON, turned up, and not be active in the Main LR-mix on the FOH console – and you can PAFL them on the Broadcast surface.
    Personally tho, I would always prefer to have PAFL prefader, but that is a different conversation..

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.