Sending LR insert to SuperRack

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting Sending LR insert to SuperRack

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mathias Thunbo Mathias Thunbo 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Hogan
    Hogan
    Participant

I’m just getting to knoe SuperRack I’ve setup all my inputs
    and everything is working fine. But I can’t seem to figure out
    how to send my LR to create an insert. Does it need to return to
    input channels?

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

First, you will output the LR signal via the I/O card’s output routing just like you do your inputs going to SuperRack. You will then have a return signal from SuperRack (not sure how to route that inside of SuperRack) that is routed back to a pair of the I/O card’s inputs. Generally speaking, it is best to use 1:1 routing, so if the output is being sent out to SuperRack on I/O card output channel 65 and 66, you would use I/O card input channel 65 & 66 as well.

Once you have it assigned correctly in SuperRack and the I/O card, then it is as simple as choosing “I/O card input 65&66” as the insert return in the LR insert section (where you also assign I/O card output 65&66 as the output of the insert). So your insert section of the LR channel will have the outgoing/send channel as “I/O card output channel 65&66” and the input/return channel as “I/O card input channel 65&66”

Hopefully that makes sense.

Profile photo of Mathias Thunbo
    Mathias Thunbo
    Participant

Do This:

Select ‘Main LR’ > Press ‘Processing’ > Go to the ‘Ins A’ tab.

(I am guessing you have the I/O card installed in the C1500 surface. Is it a Waves V3 Card?)
    If Yes, move on to:
    Send:
    Current Left: Surface I/O Port 4 socket 1 (The socket number is just an example)
    Current Right Surface I/O Port 4 socket 2
    Return:
    Current: Surface I/O Port 4
    Socket 1/2.

In Superrack > Go to the Setup tab.
    Make sure, in your inventory, that you have both the dLive Waves V3 card, a Waves Server and the host computer mounted.
    (For reference, I’ve added a SuperRack-image from the Setup page – though not with a dlive setup..)
    When everything is mounted in the inventory, go to Patch window.
    On the left choose ‘Device to device’.
    Patch 1:1 from the Waves V3 card to the host computer, and afterwards patch 1:1 from the host computer to the Waves V3 card.
    ..You are almost there..
    Now go to a empty Rack (in SuperRack).
    In the top, in the ‘Input’ section, choose Input > Waves V3 Card > 1-2
    On the Bottom, in the ‘output’ section choose Output > Waves V3 Card > 1-2.

That’s it.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.