RTA mic recommendations

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions RTA mic recommendations

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of DoctorG DoctorG 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mitch
    Mitch
    Participant

I recently swapped from a Soundcraft analog to a QU-32 . We had the original system installed years ago by a professional company. What RTA mic is the best bang for my buck with the QU 32 considering I will not use it very frequently after the initial setup is complete?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I have a DBX reference mic I use with SMAART and it works fine for everyday so to speak use.

That said don’t rely on an RTA measurement to be definitive measurement in setting up
    a sound system.

As far a going for a flat frequency response 20hz to 20,000hz, don’t try, you need to take into account what your speakers are actually capable of and then what the room is doing to the system.

Profile photo of DoctorG
    DoctorG
    Participant

I looked at these some time ago, and I recall that the Dayton Audio EMM-6 precision electret condenser microphone was very good and one of the least expensive. You should be able to get it for less than $60 at Dayton Audio, Parts Express, or Amazon. I don’t believe that you need a real expensive mic for what you are doing.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.