RTA just doesnt work sometimes on QU16

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions RTA just doesnt work sometimes on QU16

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of coffee_king coffee_king 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of coffee_king
    coffee_king
    Participant

Anyone else find that the RTA just doesnt work sometimes on the QU16?
    I have to reboot the desk then it starts to work again OK.

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Oes it reboot with a PAFL engaged somewhere ?

Giga

coffee_king
    Participant

It just doesnt work sometimes unless I reboot.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Hmm – not seen that, but it does sound like a PAFL routing issue

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Agreed on PAFL. Since there’s no “tell-tale” red light, next time it happens, toggle through the layers to see if there’s a PAFL light somewhere.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

You can see all the PFL/AFL from the meter screen – or at least you can on an iPad – I forget if the desk screen shows this too.

coffee_king
    Participant

I’ll keep my eye on it guys. The weird thing is that without me pressing any buttons it fixes itself after a reboot.

Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

I think you are ignoring the responses. There is a red LED right below the main meters that indicates P or AFL. If that is on, some channel has the PFL or AFL engaged. That is what feeds the RTA. If a silent channel is P/AFL’d there will be no activity on the RTA. Wen you reboot, nothing is P/AFL’d so the RTA shows the main out.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Are you sure a reboot clears PAFL settings?

coffee_king
    Participant

hey all
    I’m not ignoring responses, I’m just not getting my desk out again until Saturday and if/when it happens again I will check it and know how to fix it if the above users are correct. So many thanks everyone for your assistance.

Profile photo of Allan K.
    Allan K.
    Participant

I’ve got a QU32 and it happens to me on occasion as well. I have a soft key set-up to show any PAFL’s and that’s not the problem. It’s a glitch in the start-up procedure. All I have to do is restart the board and problems fixes itself.

coffee_king
    Participant

OK, great stuff.
    So 2 users have noticed this issue, is this enough to get A&H to investigate/fix?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.