Recording on Channel 17 & 18 using Q-Drive

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Recording on Channel 17 & 18 using Q-Drive

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of debzdoodle debzdoodle 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mario
    Mario
    Participant

I’m able to record channels 1-16 using Q-Drive “Multitrack” on to tracks 1-16 on my Q-PAC. However, how do you route channels 17 and 18 to record on track 17 & 18?

Profile photo of Roy
    Roy
    Participant

I could be wrong, but I don’t think you can. 17 and 18 on Qu Drive recordings are reserved for the LR mix.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

You are wrong Roy 😉

Just go into the USB patch on the I/O setup, and patch them (and any others) from where you want them

Profile photo of Roy
    Roy
    Participant

LOL. No change there then 🙂

Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

But surely if the OP has assigned channels 1-16 to tracks 1-16, and tracks 17 and 18 are reserved for L & R, he cannot assign channels 17 and 18 to any tracks as 18 is the maximum. He can of course remove any channels from tracks 1-16 to be replaced by channels 17 – 32.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Mark is correct, 17-18 can be re-patched to wherever you like, the only limitation is the maximum track count of 18 that you can physically record using Q-Drive. 17-18’s default is to record the L&R, but I have mine set to record channels 17 and 18.

🙂

Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

I just said that 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.