Record multitrack to both SD and DAW at once?

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ General Discussions Record multitrack to both SD and DAW at once?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of tob tob 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of D. Gauss
    D. Gauss
    Participant

Searched here but didn’t find. Can someone please confirm that the CQ’s can record multitrack to both the SD card and over also USB to a computer DAW at the same time? I do this with my QU-Pac all the time so i have redundancy. If the CQ-18T can’t, that’s a deal breaker for me. Thanks in advance.

Profile photo of D. Gauss
    D. Gauss
    Participant

anybody?

Profile photo of TheAngryPenguin
    TheAngryPenguin
    Participant

Yes, you can record to both at the same time.

Profile photo of CParmerlee
    CParmerlee
    Participant

I am glad to hear that. Most products that have both SD and USB capability do allow simultaneous recording. However, it isn’t obvious to me how this is managed because, as far as I can see, everywhere there is a setting for USB, it applies to both USB and SD.

I have been able to record multi-track to SD card. I then change all my channels to make the source USB/SD. And from there I can load one of the recordings from SD card and play it through the mixer, mixing each channel as if music was coming in over the XLR cables. No problem there. What I don’t understand is, if I am also using a DAW, how do I tell the mixer to get the streams from the USB interface (i.e. the DAW) instead of the SD card?

Profile photo of tob
    tob
    Participant

i was able to multi track to an SD card and simultaneously multi track to garage band. I have a CQ18 and it handled it fine. I’m running an apple set up and just needed to set the mac’s audio midi in system preferences…. i found it clean and easy. the result sounded great.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.