re-order scene changes

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ feature suggestions re-order scene changes

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stephen Stephen 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of APUSAH
    APUSAH
    Participant

If I wanted to add a scene between two other scenes, it would be great to either insert / or re-order those scenes already saved.

Profile photo of Highflyer1953
    Highflyer1953
    Participant

Most unlikely you will get that on CQ, it is not even on Avantis!

Profile photo of Stephen
    Stephen
    Participant

+1 Would be HUGELY useful.

Profile photo of Stephen
    Stephen
    Participant

Again, for those of us using this with small bands, the ability to reorder scenes as our setlist gets reordered would be the biggest benefit of this mixer. Indeed, I’m baffled as to why it isn’t already a feature?

No band I know plays all their songs in the same order every gig, and having to create a new Show for each gig is time-consuming. We often need to change a setlist based on the venue and audience at the gig…right now we’re stuck with what we created on Day One…Help!

Profile photo of Headfirst7491
    Headfirst7491
    Participant

+10000

Profile photo of Stephen
    Stephen
    Participant

And to add insult to injury, once I’ve set the Feedback Detection for the first song at a particular venue, I then need to go through every Scene— every one of 22-25 songs in the set— and reset it for that venue, both mains and monitors. That makes no sense, and surely can’t be what A&H intended…otherwise what are the point of Scenes and what is the point of a digital mixer for small bands? Is there not a workaround?

Profile photo of Stephen
    Stephen
    Participant

Wow. No workaround? In the past week, I’ve stopped trying to use Scenes altogether– which was the whole reason I bought this mixer for my band in the first place. Having to reset the mains, faders, monitors, and feedback detection two dozen times in a gig is a bit of a ballache…as is the howling feedback when you shift scenes and haven’t been able to get to it yet and someone in the audience shouts “new mixer?”

Should have just bought a regular old mixer with more flexibility and saved a lot of money.

I’ve been hoping to hear that either I have this wrong or there is some Global Filter sort of workaround, but I give up– no response from either Allen & Heath or the forum…and no help in the manual (read cover to cover) or the online videos.

Fail.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.