Qu-You Audio listening on device

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Qu-You Audio listening on device

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Justyn Justyn 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Justyn
    Justyn
    Participant

I appreciate there are manual additional systems I could purchase for monitors such as the ME1. However would it ever be possible for the Musician to listen to their monitor mix through the iOS device they have? I’d be interested in buying a more premium app to do that.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Short answer… no

WiFi not really built for it – no guarantee of latency makes live audio all but impossible.

Profile photo of Justyn
    Justyn
    Participant

I kind of assumed that might be the case. I work for a charity and though having stretch for the Qu-16 and loving it, and trying to see honest to cost effectively to inears. It might be a wired option. A number of me1s are out of the option for a few years. It’s goig to be the stage box next year!

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

I use wired in ears (cheap headphone amps available in small yamaha desks).

By leaving the mixer on stage and mixing from an iPad (ok, already owned, so low capital cost) I avoid the need for a stage box even…

Profile photo of Justyn
    Justyn
    Participant

Thankfully we do have a headphone amp so it looks like I’m back to my original plan of wired in ears. It was worth asking though.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

We trialled a variety of low end (£40-£100) headphones, and ended up split between EP4 (thomman) amd shure se115(I think).

Actually, even cheap headphones (99p store) worked ok, better than I expected. With the Qu-You app you don’t *need* fischer bodypacks in the same way, still recommended tho’

Profile photo of Justyn
    Justyn
    Participant

That’s helpful thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.