QU-32 permission

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU-32 permission

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MarkPAman MarkPAman 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of FlowingPhail
    FlowingPhail
    Participant

How do I deny permission to my mains for standard and basic users on a QU-32? Doing an install at a church and they have some kids fresh out of high school using an iPad to handle audio send for streaming and they already botched a service by not checking to make sure they were on the correct mix. Im not going to use guided access because I would have to set it up Everytime they turn the app on and I don’t go to this church.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Page fifty (50) of The Manual: Home/User.

FlowingPhail
    Participant

As I said, I need to deny access to LR main. I found that on my own already and it does not allow for mains permission changing

Dick Rees
    Participant

Think permission, not denial.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    FlowingPhail
    Participant

I have them with permission to use stereo mix 5-6 but I guess it just doesn’t have function to not let them use mains

Dick Rees
    Participant

Can you post a picture of the permissions setup screen to show what you’ve done? It might save time.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

I don’t think the Mains can be blocked.

As a work around, I guess you could use Mix 9&10 for the church, and block them from that, though only if you’re not relying on post fade sends elsewhere.

In a church though, I’d hope that any messing with the main mix was accidental, rather than deliberate. How about setting up guided access, but give them the code; trusting them to turn it on when they use it?

Other options could be to have them use Qu-Control (without admin password) or even the Qu-You app.

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

I don’t understand; why in the world would one install a relatively complicated desk when aparently there’s no one even remotely qualified to run it ?

Giga

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

I don’t think anybody said that was the case here.
    Churches do a lot of different things though, with different needs on different days, usually with volunteers running things, so on some occasions, the knowledgable people may not b there.
    That’s why A&H, like most others, put different levels of access on their desks, set up by the admin user(s). If this was not a common requirement, it would not be there!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.