QU-32 fader outputs

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU-32 fader outputs

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of karlbullock33 karlbullock33 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of karlbullock33
    karlbullock33
    Participant

I haven’t seen this exact topic, so here’s what I’m looking for: We are beginning to live stream our services and we have a separate small board for the streaming audio. Into the QU we have 4 wireless mikes. I would like to be able to take the mix post fader of those 4 mikes and output that mix to the other board what will then control the mixed volume going into the stream. I need the mix only from the mains, not from any of the other mixes. I’ve looked at DCA groups, mix assigns, etc., but can’t figure a way to only output the mix from those 4 faders, and only when that mix is selected. What say?

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

On each channel you need to go to the Routing page, assign that channel POST FADER to an open Mix.
    Then, on the right hand side of the board, press the button for that Mix to which you assigned the channels. That will bring up the Mix layer. On that Mix layer, bring up the faders of those channels. Connect that mix output from the Qu to line-level inputs on your smaller mixer.

karlbullock33
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. I understand sending outputs to the mixes, so if I understand what you’re saying (and what I am looking for) is, for example, if I have Main punched up and change the mix on the mikes and have those channels sent post fader to, say, Mix2, that when I change the mix on Main, it’ll also change the mix on Mix2?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

You have a QU32
    Can you use your matrix outputs to feed your other mixer for your live stream?

karlbullock33
    Participant

I think that’s what I’m hoping do to, but I want the same faders that control mix for the mains to simultaneously control the mix for the video. I’ll play with it this weekend and see if that’s how I can make it work.

Thanks!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Sure. Remember that you can not go direct into a matrix from a fader.
    You have to go through either sub group or a mix or FOH or a mix of whatever …

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. I understand sending outputs to the mixes, so if I understand what you’re saying (and what I am looking for) is, for example, if I have Main punched up and change the mix on the mikes and have those channels sent post fader to, say, Mix2, that when I change the mix on Main, it’ll also change the mix on Mix2?

Yes, it will mirror the Main mix, so any fader changes you make on the Main mix will also change that other Mix.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

If you want to do an independent mix for the live stream you will need to set the mix out feeding the live stream to pre fade.

How many channels are you using on your QU32, are you using a stage box or going straight
    to the mixer with your stage inputs.
    What I’m getting at is if you have open channels on the mixer you could split the inputs or at least the primary inputs and completely mix and process them for the live stream independent of the main mix.

karlbullock33
    Participant

Update: OK, figured it out. Comedy of errors. Wasn’t using post-fader, and had it set up for wrong mix group – basically, just needed to start over from the beginning. The goal was to have the PA guy do the audience mix on 4 mikes, and send that mix over to the TV board as a single mix where the TV audio guy could then optimize the audio. Doing the same on pre-recorded audio played from the booth – sending that as a single mix over to the TV audio. The other inputs are going to both boards independently. Anyway, once I got the post-fader mix working, the rest just fell into place.

Thanks for your patience. I’m a happy camper now 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.