QU-16 won't pull IP address from DHCP server

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU-16 won't pull IP address from DHCP server

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Yamar Yamar 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cbcmedia
    cbcmedia
    Participant

QU16 works fine with a stand-alone wireless router, but when I plug into our LAN with DHCP engaged, it will not pull an IP. router and cable are fine. Router is also feeding an iMac which is pulling an IP just fine. Anyone else have a similar issue?

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

I know it’s obvious, but is DHCP enabled on your Qu?

cbcmedia
    Participant

UPDATE: I can connect if I manually assign the ip address, but the console will not show up on the app. I have to connect the app manually with IP address.

cbcmedia
    Participant

Yes, but nothing happens…to test that, I turned off DHCP, set all addresses to 0.0.0.0 and applied. I then re-engaged DHCP, but the numbers grayed out and stayed 0.0.0.0.

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

Another obvious question. Is your router set as a DHCP server? Could it be your iMac is set for manual IP address acquisition?

Profile photo of Dancing Brook
    Dancing Brook
    Participant

Try restarting router with QU already connected via ethernet? I always have QU running before router starts.
    I suspect most folks don’t want to be connected to a LAN.

Profile photo of klauskobald
    klauskobald
    Participant

Same here – I have it connected via ethernet – lights on Hub are flashing. There are 25 other devices connected as well, most of them over wifi. So, DHCP is working.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

It is not recommended to run the mixing desk as a dhcp client…
    use fixed adresses instead

but if you set it to dhcp it needs to restart to take effect
    since there is no other way to restart the network stack inside

Profile photo of Yamar
    Yamar
    Participant

I had same issue. Finally found the assigned IP address under Utilites tab and then under the Diagnostics tab on mixer. Wish that had been in the manually. Would have saved a lot of hours troubleshooting.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.