pre and post master Aux outputs & one button for virtual sound check

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ feature suggestions pre and post master Aux outputs & one button for virtual sound check

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Hugh Hugh 1 day, 8 hours ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Roby
    Roby
    Participant

Hi,
    I think the CQ mixer is truly the best in its category, especially after the latest upgrade 1.2,
    very clever to save the custom layers in the scene, (unfortunately in QU and SQ this does not happen)
    thanks Allen & Heath, but in my opinion I think two things are still missing then it’s perfect for everyone:
    1) the possibility of choosing pre and post master in the Aux outputs for each channel.
    2) a button for the “Virtual sound check” which passes all the inputs, also the stereo inputs, on the player and then passes them on the inputs.

What do you think?

Roby

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

“Perfect for everyone” is a mission impossible: perfect for me would be replacing the 16 pres wit 8 Primes & 8 D-Lives along with 8 Prime outputs in the 20b like I presently have with the DX32 I presently use in my AV studio. It is an egregious mistake to assume our individual needs are universal.
    My CQ20b has been back ordered for several months and priorities are apparently weighted towards dealers that sell enough Avantis units. I have contended for many years that the small footprint, limited channel count market is where 90% of the demand exists. The CQ is a home run that absolutely fits this mass market demand! Most all of the “Missing critical elements” we bitch about are available in more expensive models. So in the event the ridiculously low priced, entry level, CQ 20b does not fit all of your critical needs, do what I did to have world class I/Os: belly up the cash to get the gear that will do the job for you!
    Hugh

Profile photo of Roby
    Roby
    Participant

HI,
    I absolutely disagree, I’m almost 60 and I’ve been working with mixers of all sizes for 40 years including all the larger Allen mixers and other brands, I’m not naive, the CQ series was born very easy for beginners and already I loved it, bought it for my gospel choir, but with the latest update it has acquired many pro features, I think having the possibility to choose post or pre for each channel for the Aux outputs such as the brother Qu-SB is a importantly, it is used in many situations, and while the engineers program I think it costs nothing, since practically the CQ is also a wonderful audio recorder, add a button that turns all the channels including the stereo ones on the SD card and vice versa… the company I work for, which has a lot of Allen & Heath equipment in stock, purchased it from Thomann thinking that it was similar to the Qu-SB which in many critical situations is very useful for us, but given that there is no possibility to choose pre and the post on the Aux gave it back… it’s a feature that many small analog mixers also have… if it can’t be had I’ll be equally happy for my choir, but for the company…

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

Roby, Agreement pursuant to needed critical features can create some interesting reading in these threads: however marketing & engineering concerns will determine any software alterations A&H will advance for any of it’s product line. It is highly unlikely isolating SR embellishments on aux outputs was an important factor on a desk that features “auto gain structure and feedback algorhythms for dummies”. I can fully appreciate the importance of isolating, via pre/post assignments, aux outputs from SR embellishments when ancillary mixes for streaming or recording are necessary. The CQ line was not designed for these activities. Given the automated “convience” features the CQ offers, IMO given the automated algorithms, establishing dual paths in order to accommodate Pre/Post assignments is not very likely.
    The CQ line is a cool tool that is well suited for small ensembles that need simple “Set up & leave it” gear. Applications that require more functional control would be well advised to consider moving up to a SQ5 rather than making requests for the CQs to fit their specific needs.
    Hugh

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.