Phones jack on Qu32 mono or stereo?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Phones jack on Qu32 mono or stereo?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MarkPAman MarkPAman 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of NakAttack
    NakAttack
    Participant

Hey guys,
    I was wondering if the Phones jack on the top right of the Qu-32 is mono or stereo. I’m using my Qu mainly as a recording interface with headphone monitoring. I can’t really hear any difference if I change my panning on my DAW. I am connected into the top right of the main panel of the Qu32 (the phones jack). Is this the ideal setup for my purposes?

Thanks,
    Nakul

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Stereo.

How’s your DAW getting into the desk? If it’s coming in on 1&2 for instance, are these panned to left & right?

Profile photo of NakAttack
    NakAttack
    Participant

Hey Mark,
    I’m sorry for the really late reply. Ableton is coming in thru Channels 1 and 2 on the Qu32. I just panned Channel 1 to the hard left and Channel 2 to the hard right and I can hear my panning in my headphones now. As a result of this process, I now realize that I had never been panning anything out of my regular speakers either until now, Doh!

On another note, do you recommend a dedicated Headphone amplifier or is the Qu’s output good enough?

Thanks,
    Nakul

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

I don’t use my Qu in a studio, but if I did, I’m sure I’d be quite happy with it’s own h/p amp while sitting at the desk.
    However, I’d probably opt for a small, easily movable amp, if I was playing an instrument somewhere else, just for the conviniance of having the volume control within reach.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.