Phantom audio when all faders down!!!

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Phantom audio when all faders down!!!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of timhum
    timhum
    Participant

I recorded a big band gig last night, it was a PA job really but wanted to practice mixing down with new material. This morning I followed the instructions and played the multi track sound from the USB stick. All went well, until I faded out all the channels leaving the main output fader up. There was audio continuing to play!!! I have FX on the vocal mic only and weirdly I was hearing reverb on an announcement and the trumpet solo. Hitting the soft key to kill the FX stopped the reverb but the clean audio continued, hitting the soft key again brought back the reverb so I selected FX1 send and return and faded them out. At some point the audio stopped, then came back again without me doing anything on the desk. I only use FX on the vocalists mic, the announcement was on a different mic. Talk about the ghost in the machine!
    Has anyone got any idea what is going on? I admit I am beaten by this and tried lots of random stuff to find the cause. I was listening on speakers from the main output. If this is happening during a gig it would help to explain some other funnies I have experienced but in a loud live gig I would not have been aware of anything untoward going on.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Possibilities like channel 17/18 being routed to ST1 on the ‘other’ layer, and so the main out from the gig being afforded some level in the mix?

Profile photo of timhum
    timhum
    Participant

That’s amazing! Were you there? Spot on, many thanks. I think the routing crept in with a software update and for some reason I had the ST1 fader up with the output on it. I am most grateful, a beer is yours should we ever meet!

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Not there, but I’ll take a pint 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.