Patching An External Rack Processor

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Patching An External Rack Processor

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I’ve just purchased a Lexicon PCM92 hooked it up to the QU-16 just now, but I’m not getting any output (or activity on the meters on the Lexicon).

Has anyone done this before? If so, how should this be done properly?

Current Hookup: Input of Lexicon to Mix Output1; Output of Lexicon to Channel 14 XLR input.

Thanks,

Don

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Current Hookup: Input of Lexicon to Mix Output1; Output of Lexicon to Channel 14 XLR input.

that’s a possible way to do it
    should instantly work if you routed everything well inside the QU

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@D42guy

If you route everything internally correctly that external connection would work.
    But you still need the external gear to be working right and to set the levels in and out properly.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Can you give me some guidance on how to route everything internally on the QU-16? Thanks!

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

Hit mix button
    adjust input channels to that mix with faders
    send that result out to f/x via cable out

select layer with channel inputs
    send result from your outboard f/x to new channel input
    send that to LR or whatever place you plan to use the adjusted sound

read the manual or watch the videos for more

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

You do need to bring up the mix sends for mix 1, Mix 1 should best to post fade for better control sending to an FX unit so the send level tracks with level changes to the main mix.

I would use one of the stereo line input channels to return the FX back into the mixer, ST1 or ST2. Set up the PCM92 for mono in and stereo out.

You could use the AES input on the PCM92 and in the set up IO menu on the mixer set the AES output to be mix 1.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.