Patch Library

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Patch Library

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KeithJ A&H KeithJ A&H 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of TimmyP
    TimmyP
    Participant

It would be nice if multiple in and out patches (Local, SLink, ME, I/O Port) could be combined as a single library entry. Kind of a nuisance to have to save two to eight patch libraries as backups in case one’s master show/scene is lost.

Or perhaps it is and I’m missing it?

Profile photo of TimmyP
    TimmyP
    Participant

Posted too soon: In MP Windows, it does not seem possible to save Output or Tie Line patches to the library, only inputs. ?

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@TimmyP

Correct – the input channel patch library was added in V1.3 to allow quick changes between live and playback for virtual soundcheck and for different expander setups.
    I don’t believe it’s possible to store output or tie line patching in a single library file in the same way, simply due to the amount of data vs the file size used for libraries.
    However:
    a) All patching can be stored in a scene, and recall filters can be used to avoid changing processing or anything else you want to remain the same (you can also store scenes individually – as you mention wanting backups – and this would be no different to backing up a library item)
    b) Outputs are commonly set for a show/setup and then left alone (unlike inputs)
    c) Unlike inputs, outputs can be patched one-to-many, e.g. if you had one setup with an expander and one without, you could leave all outputs patched to both local and SLink simultaneously

Thanks,
    Keith.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.