Parallel Group Latency?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Parallel Group Latency?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of AA
    AA
    Participant

Hello folks!

Is there any known issues with parallel groups incurring latency compared to the “dry” channel signal when summed together on the master buss?

I’ve created a couple parallel groups (fed by Ip channels) for the intention of blending in parallel processing with the “dry” channels. Think parallel all vox group or parallel kick/sn/bass group. The outputs of the Ip channels & groups are routed to the master buss. The purpose of these groups is to blend in the heavily compressed group processing with the channel processed “dry” signals.

I am new to the SQ5 & I’ve been practicing with a virtual sound check on headphones. The mixes w/ the parallel groups are sounding good on headphones.

Is there any concern of these parallel groups incurring any latency compared to the “dry” channel signal thus creating comb filtering/ phase problems? Again, it’s sounding good headphones. Have not yet listened on a FOH system.

Thanks for your time!

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

The routing on an SQ compensated for internal latency, so double patch all you want!

Now on the QU series it is not compensated.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.