Pan value display

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Pan value display

Tagged: 

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tatsuya Nakamura Tatsuya Nakamura 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Proper Audio
    Proper Audio
    Participant

The SQ pan control doesn’t show any values and at least for me it’s hard to tell how much a certain source has been panned left or right. When working with stereo keyboards or guitars, I sometimes need to pan two or more channels left or right by the same amount and the visual feedback isn’t exactly great on this matter.
    It would be handy to show at least some kind of value on the pan controls in both the console’s screen as well as the app. This could be a percentage, a dB value or just some kind of numerical value.
    In addition to that, a virtual center detent on the pan pot would be great.

Profile photo of tourtelot
    tourtelot
    Participant

I could be wrong but isn’t the “pan pot” on the SQ simply a digital controller. It goes ’round and ’round, right? So a center detent?

D.

Proper Audio
    Participant

you did read the word ‘virtual’? 😛
    Basically some kind of ‘digital snap’ when you get close to center position. Should be easy to program the thing so you need to advance the encoder 2-3 increments before it actually changes the pan position.

Profile photo of tourtelot
    tourtelot
    Participant

Nope, I missed that. Sorry.

D.

Profile photo of Søren Steinmetz
    Søren Steinmetz
    Participant

Not at the console right now, but to center the Pan I seem to remember you can hold down the “reset” button on the left while turning the Pan knob slightly in a hard L – C – R selection.

Proper Audio
    Participant

Yes, reset works – but it still doesn’t show any values for the actual pan position and the visual isn’t very exact either.

Profile photo of larchsound
    larchsound
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Alec
    Alec
    Participant

Whilst I agree that a label would be great, if I’ve read your use case correctly, wouldn’t you be well served by linking your two channels into a stereo channel and using the width control?

This is what I do when I want a stereo source to be “less wide” – works very well.

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

Here’s the obligatory “Mixing Station shows you that” as a workaround suggestion.

Profile photo of Gregg Grey
    Gregg Grey
    Participant

It could be great to have the PAN value…

Profile photo of Tatsuya Nakamura
    Tatsuya Nakamura
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Gregg Grey
    Gregg Grey
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Tatsuya Nakamura
    Tatsuya Nakamura
    Participant

One additional request: the PAN of Sends from CH to Stereo Aux is also not displayed accurately in numerical values.

This is very annoying when working with IEM.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.