Obvious Bluetooth)

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Obvious Bluetooth)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dancing Brook Dancing Brook 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dancing Brook
    Dancing Brook
    Participant

I would think this would be an obvious need for any mixer that can be run off an iPad or tablet.
    Does anyone have a good solution for using a Bluetooth headset (or AirPod) as both a monitor headset, as well as a talkback, even as a basic PA mic?

This seems so obvious a simple solution. Otherwise, have folks come up with an easy solution for wireless cans and a talkback mic?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I’m going to Bluetooth would have too much latency to be use full for that purpose and the connectivity could be an issue.

For wireless talkback I use a wireless headset mic, the receiver is mounted in the
    rack with the QU Pac. When PLF is going to be needed a lot I’ll use a wireless IEM pack connected to the ALT Out or a stage box output set for the PFL audio feed.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

As I have a Bluetooth transmitter/receiver system (for something else) I gave it a try with my Qu-Pac and can confirm that the latency to too great to make it useful.

Dancing Brook
    Participant

Of course the traditional wireless options are available. The Bluetooth latency issues varies greatly with the version of Bluetooth, the codec used and the “quality” of both transmitters and receivers.
    https://ziiiw76728.i.lithium.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/967iE0B64810F5F8E8C7/image-size/large?v=1.0&px=999

Dancing Brook
    Participant

Thank for the replies guys. I guess this just isn’t seen a desirable solution yet.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.