Name Issues on ME-1 w/ Dual Rack

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions Name Issues on ME-1 w/ Dual Rack

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ahjeff ahjeff 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tophfro
    tophfro
    Participant

Hi All,
    The Quick Version:
    I’m having issues getting channel names to appear on the ME-1’s from the Master mixrack in a dual rack setup, Audio is fine though.

Long Version and Why:
    We had everything working fine, then there was a different show file loaded to the system. When we went back to the original show file we found out the hard way that it hadn’t been saved in a long time (Someone was only updating the scenes)… much to our dismay we had to redo most everything. It did give us an opportunity to changes somethings we had discussed so i guess its worked out for the most part. The last little issue we’re having is getting channel names from the Master mixrack to show up on the ME-1’s. The system is setup as follows:
    T112 to iDR32 Port A, Mixrack Located at FOH w/ Wireless Mics, Video Playback, etc.
    iDR32 Port B (ACE) to iDR48 Port A (Located on Stage), All stage sources plug in here.
    iDR48 Port B (ACE) to ME-U to ME-1’s
    Both port B ACE cards have the short Cat5e jumper installed.

The channel names from the iDR32 channels do not show up on the ME-1 but they used to. Audio is fine, only shows up with the channel number. Any ideas what we need to look at? Is it a settings issue with the iDR48 PortB?

Thanks

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Hi tophfro

Is the ME-U still connected to one of the ‘network’ socket on one of the iDR units? Is it possible that the iDR-32 changed unit name and/or IP address, making the ME-U settings out of date? You should be able to go into the ME-U setup page, and determine if it is able to find your iDR-32.
    Lastly, for the ME-U to receive names from the iDR, you have to enable this in both the setup page, and on the channels page in the ME-U configuration. I don’t see why either of these settings would have changed, but it’s wort checking.

Hope this helps

– Jeff, A&H

Profile photo of tophfro
    tophfro
    Participant

Hi Jeff,
    Thanks for the reply. Both iDR units have the network jumpers in place to the port B cards. To my knowledge we’ve only ever had a single cat5 going from the port B to the ME-U. Does it need a second Cat5 from the network only connection also?

I’ll check the settings tomorrow evening and report back.

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Hi tophfro

Yes, you need a network connection to the ME-U. In the ME-U setup page, you can then select your master rack from a list of discovered racks. The ME-U then periodically interrogates the mix rack, to retrieve the names of the channels being sent to it. This is required because the ACE protocol that you are connecting the ME-U with, does not transmit naming information.

Another possibility is that you could have an actual ACE card fitted to the ME-U (instead of the ME-D that is included with the ME-U). In this case, you can use a ‘jumper’ in the same way as you have for the mix racks, to connect the ME-U to the network. This would mean only one cable going to the ME-U, but you would have had to have bought an ACE card for the ME-U.

Cheers

– Jeff, A&H

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.