Mutes Fading On/Off

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions Mutes Fading On/Off

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ThisIsAnAudioAccount ThisIsAnAudioAccount 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

I was just telling one of the other sound guys here about the stereo in an old my car my parents used to have… it’d immediately turn on and start passing signal, even before the amp’s caps were filled up. As a result the volume would fade up over maybe a 1/4 second or so, and you never gave yourself a heart attack because you forgot the radio was cranked. Just that little bit of volume ramp time was enough to make it not startling, no matter how loud it got before you could grab the knob and turn it back down.

Anyway, I was just thinking it might be nice to have the mutes and/or mute groups optionally fade their channels off and on to avoid startling you (or the crowd) half to death when you accidentally unmute a channel that already has signal.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

(The key word being “optionally”… I’m not convinced it should be a global setting.)

Sometimes I think having a mute enable/disable option or soft key would be useful, similar to how mixing station works. Would help in situations where you might bump into a mute button unintentionally.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.