More Colours on scribble strip and also….

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions More Colours on scribble strip and also….

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SQuser SQuser 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of marcos
    marcos
    Participant

Even though we get a lot of complaints from tours about limited characters on scribble strips the number one thing I hear is – more colours desired.
    Orange
    Purple (we have pink, must be able to get purple)
    Brown (or Amber – Dark yellow)
    Grey
    I know hardware dependant but white letters against Black as an extra choice.

Coming from 2 different Avid houses to a venue with the SQ-6 I miss having screen, keyboard and mouse plus the extra functionality across the board.
    I realize for the price the SQ is fantastic and glad this venue didn’t end up with an M32 (trying to make it to retirement without using Behringer gear).

Better ‘per user’ control, more cue controls and if I am making a wish list more assignable rotaries. I would give up 4 buttons to get 4 more rotaries.
    But extra colours is the number one request, maybe in next firmware update?

Profile photo of Don
    Don
    Participant

Seconded

Profile photo of Nemydom
    Nemydom
    Participant

Yes! Please, please, please! That would be so handy! Even for my home setup, I found there weren’t enough colours!

Profile photo of Alec
    Alec
    Participant

Take a look at that X32/M32, though, and you’ll realise that its LCD scribble strips are streets ahead of the SQ’s dreadful ones – they’re legible, for a start, have a 12 character label limit, and can show much more info.

It’s definitely an area where A&H went cheap, just like not having a RTC on board.

Profile photo of SQuser
    SQuser
    Participant

>> I … glad this venue didn’t end up with an M32 …
    > Take a look at that X32/M32 …
    ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.