Mixing Station for CQ now available

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ General Discussions Mixing Station for CQ now available

This topic contains 24 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of scottoh scottoh 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

@robbocurry

I too have been playing around with MS and trying to set up a standard scene that I would use, like you say, you have 90+ % of everything on the one page, but for me it is just a case of getting used to the way that it looks and works and to build up some muscle memory. I will take another look today at MS and see about setting up some mute groups that @bigmerv has mentioned about being doable.

I don’t think that there are any controls yet for USB playback on MS, that is something I do need at every show as the band has a play on & play off. So having to switch between apps would be a pain.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@bigmerv

No need to apologise!
    Compared to MixPad, Mixing Station is a far more ‘tweaky’ app, which we know some people prefer.
    The only thing I must note is, being built and tested by a third party, Mixing Station is not supported by A&H and is used at your own risk.

Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of BigMerv
    BigMerv
    Participant

@KeithJ A&H
    Glad you’re not blacklisting me👍🏻😃
    I’m old and set in my ways so MS is a stop gap until you launch “CQ-Mix Classic Version”, child of QU-Mix🙏🏻😃.

And yes, I would definitely pay for it!

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

@bigmerv – I assure you that having Mixing Station support will help sell CQ consoles for A&H! It’s nothing but a positive thing for A&H and I have to assume the powers at A&H understand this.

Profile photo of vinz
    vinz
    Participant

Silly question,

Does the midi work ? Can we control the mixing station of cq with a xtouch fi ?

Profile photo of willmodelisme
    willmodelisme
    Participant

Answer is…. … YESSSS

Profile photo of scottoh
    scottoh
    Participant

Can 5 people connect to the CQ-20B from Mixing Station to control their IEMs ?

I don’t own a CQ-20B yet, ..so I can’t check this out for myself. But the docs say only 2 CQ MixPad apps can connect to the mixer concurrently. I’m wondering if this limitation also exists for the Mixing Station app.

I realize that the CQ-20B allows multiple CQ4You connections at the same time. But if there are only 4 volume controls on that app, that is too limiting for my band.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

@scottoh

Afraid not, only 2 can connect.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

I realize that the CQ-20B allows multiple CQ4You connections at the same time. But if there are only 4 volume controls on that app, that is too limiting for my band.

There are 4 “group” faders (they should really be called “DCA” faders IMHO) that are shown by default when you open the app. However if you double click on one of the faders, it will open to a screen that shows ALL of the channel currently assigned to that group. If you want control of all of your individual faders, assign them all to any of the groups and then double click on that group fader. You will have individual faders for all of the channels and can scroll through them as needed.

Profile photo of scottoh
    scottoh
    Participant

There are 4 “group” faders (they should really be called “DCA” faders IMHO) that are shown by default when you open the app. However if you double click on one of the faders, it will open to a screen that shows ALL of the channel currently assigned to that group. If you want control of all of your individual faders, assign them all to any of the groups and then double click on that group fader. You will have individual faders for all of the channels and can scroll through them as needed.

Brian, thanks for the reply. I didn’t notice this at first, ..but I see it now. I think this will work just fine for my band.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.