Mix and FX confusion

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Mix and FX confusion

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of rschlierbeck rschlierbeck 8 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of rschlierbeck
    rschlierbeck
    Participant

I’m having some trouble setting up a mix for the lead singer. She would like the EQ and FX on her vocals to be different from the FOH mix. I split her mic signal so that there is one channel for the FOH and one for her IEM mix. I patched the FX2 bus with a reverb that she likes. I set up mix 5-6 to be her IEM mix. Second vocal goes to mix 5-6 and to the FX2 bus. FX2 is returned to mix 5-6 but I don’t get any reverb sound in the mix unless I send the second vocal to LR too.

Is there a way I can mke this work without sending the second vocal to LR?

Thanks for the help.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Your Mix Send is probably set Post Fader. Check chapter 7.1 Fader Strips, section Key Select in The Manual (select your mix/fx, use left side Pre Fade and Sel key then toggle channel to Pre/Post as required).

rschlierbeck
    Participant

Thank you. I changed it to pre fader and now I hear the reverb. The reverb level does not follow the vocal fader level in the mix though. Can that be made to follow the level or am I stuck adjusting it manually?

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

ok, you still want the LR fader control volume sent to the mix without sending that signal to LR.
    No problem: Switch the channel back to Post Fader and unassing it from LR.
    Same section in the manual, just previous paragraph (use Assign button instead of Pre Fade).

rschlierbeck
    Participant

Thank you again. I think your first suggestion works the best. I can get a good IEM mix and keep it completely unaffected by the levels to FOH.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.