Loss of a channel to the LR bus

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Loss of a channel to the LR bus

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of scruffyd scruffyd 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Northernmonkry
    Northernmonkry
    Participant

Hi All

Strange issue yesterday at a gig. Line checking a band, it came to my attention that channel 13 was not been sent to the LR output.

It was going to the mix busses and through to Dsnake to me1 personal monitors and also to the fx engine.

I did not ant to power cycle the desk as we were short for time. This morning after unloading, I turned the desk on again and everything is ok.

Anybody else had this?

p.s. I updated to the latest firmware on Saturday.

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

I thought i had a Problem too the first time i used the desk for a propper gig! But then i realized that i saved a “Default” Show after i tested a few Things out.. this few things included the “assign-botton” for L&R!
    If you press and hold down the “assign” button to the left and then press the “SEL” Button of the specific channel you can enable and disable a Channel to the Mix! Maybe that was the same Problem!? For me.. it never happened again!

Northernmonkry
    Participant

Mmm, interesting although I don’t think this was my problem as after turning the desk on again today, the channel does send to the LR…

Profile photo of scruffyd
    scruffyd
    Participant

Most common cause of this is a rogue dca assignment where the dca master fader is down or muted.
    It looks like its going where it should, meters are good, routing looks good etc but it doesn’t turn up at L/R, it is very easy to overlook the little dca icon that is there to let you know that this channel actually has another boss.

Northernmonkry
    Participant

This as on a qu16, so no DCA’s…..

Profile photo of scruffyd
    scruffyd
    Participant

Sorry about that, my head is too stuck in iLive :Z

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.