Logic 9 Stereo Out I/O Patching

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Logic 9 Stereo Out I/O Patching

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Giga Giga 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Miles J
    Miles J
    Participant

Hi,

I have a Qu-SB connected over USB to an iMac/Logic 9.

In trying to create a loop-back from the iMac audio out through the Qu-SB and into Logic. I have the iMac audio out patched to Qu-SB USB Ch. 19 & 20, and can record whatever is playing on the Mac into Logic. So far, so good. However, on playback, I can’t hear the audio out of Logic through the Qu-SB.

In Logic, the output is assigned to “Stereo Out”, which are Logic output channels 1 & 2. I’ve tried patching various channels to the Main LR mix in the USB I/O Patch screen of Qu-Pad, but no luck.

Can anyone help me understand how to route the Mac/Logic Ch. 1&2 output to the Qu-SB? Thank you!!

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Is the Mac able to send 2 “streams” of audio at the same time ? Because if I understand it right that’s what you’re trying to do ?

On top of that I think the manual states you can’t record and play back through usb at the same time.

Giga

Profile photo of Miles J
    Miles J
    Participant

Hi, thanks for your reply. I was not clear in the way I stated the problem, I wasn’t trying to simultaneously record and play back. I could play back an audio file from the Mac (say from iTunes), but I could not hear what was being played back out of Logic through the Qu-SB.

I figured it out, though – I only had to change the source assignment for Channels 1 and 2 to USB when trying to play back out of Logic, and it worked fine. Thanks again, I appreciate your answering my post.

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Great news Miles ! Sometimes it’s much easier than you think, have fun !

Giga

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.