Listen Level linked to midi controller? (SQ5)

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Listen Level linked to midi controller? (SQ5)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KeithJ A&H KeithJ A&H 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of nid
    nid
    Participant

Is it possible that the “listen level” is mapped via midi for external control?
    I am thinking of getting the Bomebox for this.
    Thanks

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@nid

I’m afraid the Listen level can only be controlled on the console or via SQ-MixPad at this time.
    You can see the full SQ MIDI implementation in the MIDI protocol document here – https://www.allen-heath.com/media/SQ-MIDI-Protocol-Issue2.pdf

The BomeBox is a brilliantly useful unit though, especially when used with Bome MIDI Translator Pro to create translations that can be loaded and used without a computer present.
    I have one set up with a MIDI controller that can even be run wirelessly on a large power bank if needed!

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of nid
    nid
    Participant

Oh come on just include the Listen Level in the midi map!! Is it such a big deal?… 😛

Profile photo of nid
    nid
    Participant

Hey wait… you mentioned that you can control the Listen Level via the SQ-MixPad. Where exactly is that because I can’t find it?

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@nid

As on the console itself – you can select the master fader mode in ‘Setup > Mixer Config > Roles’.

The difference with MixPad is that it’s only the LR fader which ‘becomes’ the listen level fader i.e. when selecting other mixes, you will still have access to the mix master.
    (We may add an option for this behaviour or have it fully match console behaviour in future)

Cheers,
    Keith.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.