Linux as DAW with SQ5

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Linux as DAW with SQ5

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of HeuvelTop HeuvelTop 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of HeuvelTop
    HeuvelTop
    Participant

Hi,
    I have been searching for documentation regarding using Linux as DAW with SQ5. I am quite novice in sound engineering, but experienced with Linux/Ubuntu.

When I connect my SQ5 via USB I see a SQ-multi-channel audio device. But I cannot get Ardour or Audacity to use the channels.

My main goal is to remix live recordings (16 tracks) using the features of both SQ5 and Audacity/Ardour to add effects and other tracks.

So basically I want to use the 32 USB channels in and out. Is this possible with linux Jack and how?

Have a nive day, and thanks for reading.
    Frank van den Heuvel

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi @HeuvelTop,

I’m afraid the reason there is no documentation on use of the SQ with Linux is because this is not officially supported.

You are obviously welcome to experiment however, and as the SQ is class compliant, you should be able to get it to work!

A couple of things that might be worth trying – ensure you have USB-B mode selected, and that you are using the correct sample rate (96kHz).

Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of HeuvelTop
    HeuvelTop
    Participant

Hi Keith,

I have found the solution. I have installed repositories and software from: https://kx.studio.

I have started with Cadence, Catarina and Claudia.

Now I have a multi channel interface that works.

I’ll be back with more info.

Greetings Frank

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.