Inserts in scenes

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Inserts in scenes

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Duesenbert Duesenbert 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ditten
    Ditten
    Participant

Has anyone found a way to turn channel insert A or B on or off within specific scenes?
    All I can find, “insert related” is the insert Attr tab in the recall filter, and that does not seem to do anything.
    Am I missing something?

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Yes, you are missing something.
    “insert att” is the filter you want to use.

Profile photo of msteel
    msteel
    Participant

Are you changing the patching too, or just the insert in/out? Seems like there were two filters that affect insert patching (I/O patching and insert patching?)

Profile photo of Ditten
    Ditten
    Participant

I just want to be able to turn either insert A or insert B on or off within specific scenes.

Profile photo of Duesenbert
    Duesenbert
    Participant

Recall filtering “insert attributes” is the way to have a scene recall something about an insert. That means it can recall any parameter of an insert, so that can be handy or frustrating depending on how you are working. I’ve done this two ways:

Option #1 is bypassing and un-bypassing the insert in the scenes. This causes a brief interruption of audio, but if you’re able to use this function when the channel isn’t “live” or being used it’s obviously unnoticeable.

Option #2 is accomplished by changing the wet/dry ratio of the insert. Turning dry to 0dB and wet off, you’ve effectively bypassed the insert. Doing it this way you can have uninterrupted audio of the channel/mix, but the insert is “turned off/on.”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.