individual scenes overwrite protection.

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions individual scenes overwrite protection.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andy Andy 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of M Van Houten
    M Van Houten
    Participant

I want to lock a set of template and start scenes for a venue from being inadvertently overwritten.
    I’ve looked at user allowances and it seems you can only block the ability to write a scene globally rather than blocking chosen scenes.

Profile photo of Chris Irwin
    Chris Irwin
    Participant

I have this exact same issue! It would be nice to have a “lock” button for individual scenes.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I think (I don#t know actually) that the developers will introduce locked scenes in a future firmware update,
    since these are already available on dLive and Avantis.

Would be logical to me…

Profile photo of Mr.Si
    Mr.Si
    Participant

I was just about to ask if this was something that we could do with the SQ as I have the need for it. It would work really well in a church setting where the user logs in and it loads the default scene, but then they would make changes and save it into their OWN version of that scene which isn’t write-protected.

So here is my +1 for this request!

Profile photo of Mark
    Mark
    Participant

We have a setup a little like this, and I’ve handled it by restricting user access to those scenes and instead using soft keys to recall. The soft key approach still allows scene recall but when they go to scene management they aren’t available to be updated. In one case we also recall a scene on user login to make it even simpler.

Profile photo of BRS
    BRS
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Andy
    Andy
    Participant

+1

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.