ILive dual rack, Dante and MU-E

Forums Forums ME Forums ME general discussions ILive dual rack, Dante and MU-E

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of pfr pfr 9 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of pfr
    pfr
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve installed a dual rack ilive system with 2 MU-E. I have configured and routed the channels from the master to the ace to the Dante. I’m getting the names from the master rack only. The slave rack inputs can be routed to Dante and audio will follow as set, but the auto-name is not working. (I can add it manually and it’s ok, but it would be nice not to have to) Any idea what I have done wrong

Here my setup.
    Master rack. IDR 64 with ACE card
    Slave rack IDR 16 with Dante
    ME-U Nr.1. With Dante and network input from Master rack
    ME-U Nr.2. Uplink from port 10 of Nr.1

Cheers
    Paul

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Hi Paul

Sorry to disappoint you, but the ME-U only connects to one mix rack; the names of the channels 65 and up are stored in the second rack, so the ME-U has no way of finding out what they are.

In the ME-U web interface, you can choose per-channel whether to use the received channel name, or a manually entered one. I think your only real option is to manually enter the names of the channels coming from the iDR16.

Hope this helps

– Jeff, A&H

Profile photo of pfr
    pfr
    Participant

Hi Jeff,
    Thanks For your answer! It confirms my thoughts. I actually did it they way you describe it and it works very well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.