ilive and dante setup

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive troubleshooting ilive and dante setup

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ddff_lv ddff_lv 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jon
    Jon
    Participant

Help!
    We’re installing dante network in our church and I’m having a little trouble.
    T112 console to ace port on iDR 32(master), ace card in port B to ace port on second iDR 32(slave), Dante card in port B of slave iDR.
    I can see all 32 inputs over dante from the slave iDR 32 but I can’t see any of the inputs from the master iDr 32.
    I guess that ace is not telling the dante card that there is a second iDR.
    Can anyone help me please.

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Yes, first you send the signals from master iDR to ACE and then on the slave send appropriate ACE channels to Dante.

ddff

Profile photo of Jon
    Jon
    Participant

Ok! Awesome! Thanks for the help ddff! I figured it was probably a setting or options on the iLive T112 that i was missing.

Profile photo of Kyle
    Kyle
    Participant

Jon and I are working together on this project and still can’t find the solution. We have the iLive T112 surface reading both iDR 32’s as Master and Slave. The Master is reading inputs 1-32 and the Slave is reading as inputs 65-96. How do we get both sets of inputs on the same Dante network? We have 3 different mix positions (all running an iLive T112 board) that all need the same 64 inputs.

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Well, iLive channel numbers have nothing to do with Dante channel numbers. You make a patch in Dante controller to make signals going from one iDR to other two (I suggest to create multicast streams). Then on each iLive patch inputs to port B and chose Dante channel. In master/slave setup you’ll be able to patch inputs for slave rack directly (as Dante card is located there) but for master you’ll have to route via ACE as I told before.

ddff

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Kyle,

In the Outputs screen, choose your Master rack in the drop-down menu at the top, then patch any required signal (e.g. MixRack Inputs 1-32) to Port B ACE (e.g. Port B ACE 1-32). Then select the Slave rack in the drop-down menu at the top, and patch the ACE channels from the Master to Port B Dante, e.g. ACE 1-32 to Port B Dante 1-32. Patch any Slave input (e.g. MixRack Inputs 1-32) to Port B Dante 33-64.

Hope this helps.

@ddff I think you are assuming they have a Dante card in each rack, but reading the original post this is an ACE-based Dual Rack system with Dante in the Slave rack only.

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Yes, the OP mentioned 3 mix positions where he needs to have same 64 channels, so I assumed there is one dual rack setup with M-Dante in slave rack and two other iDRs connected via Dante.

ddff

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.