Humming/Hissing Noise from Xone:23 Mixer

Forums Forums Other A&H products Humming/Hissing Noise from Xone:23 Mixer

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Djisang Djisang 5 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Djisang
    Djisang
    Participant

Hey guys,

I’ve been having a problem with my xone:23 emitting a hissing/humming noise. It comes out of speakers when connected to both the booth (RCA) and master (XLR), both headphone ports, and even in the audio I record.

This is what I’ve tested, and I’m inclined to believe it’s a problem with the xone:23 itself:

1. Tried different power sockets in multiple rooms and spaces (studio, home, friend’s place, etc).
    2. Tried a different mixer, which didn’t have the same issue
    3. Tested it with no inputs connected. Problem is still there, but does get worse when I plug in my turntables/Audio Interface.
    4. Used a multimeter to confirm that the power adapter is delivering the correct voltage. (Haven’t tested with a separate power supply yet though)

I’ve attached two recordings of the noise; one with nothing connected, and one with my audio interface connected.

I’m hoping I can figure this out on my own, even if it requires taking my mixer apart. Any insight or advice would be appreciated!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.