How to send main LR Mix to Stereo Matrix?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting How to send main LR Mix to Stereo Matrix?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rafael A&H Rafael A&H 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jeric
    Jeric
    Participant

We’re using QU SB hooked up to a Windows laptop using USB B to USB C cable. We’re connected directly to the laptop without any audio interface. How do send the main LR mix (assuming that all of the signals of the instruments and the microphones connected to the mixer will be sent to the LR mix) without affecting the audio that is coming out to the PA system?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

First you would need to install the Allen Heath QU Windows driver.
    https://www.allen-heath.com/qu-series/qu-sb#software

By default the stereo mix will be on USB tracks 17 and 18, you can go into the I/O patch menu under the USB setting and change the output patch routing so the left right main mix could be on any other output tracks that your recording software needs.

For livestream audio sometimes it works best to set up a separate mix just for live streaming, there have been many post on these forums about doing that.

Profile photo of Jeric
    Jeric
    Participant

Hi there, I’m trying to figure out how to set up a different mix dedicated to live streaming without affecting the main mix or the house mix.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Just use one of the mixes and dedicate that to feed the live stream, if you want independent control of that mix set it to be pre fade, if you want that to track along with the main mix set it to be post fade.

Profile photo of Rafael A&H
    Rafael A&H

Hello @jeric,

You can select a different Mix be pressing the Mix blue keys on the right side of the console, the LED lit on the Mix key will indicate that your layout is currently in this mix, at this point you just have to adjust your levels as desired for this mix.
    Once your Mix is done, you can output this physically from its corresponding XLR outputs or stream the Mix out through USB connection into the computer, should you choose to go with this second option, note that you will need to patch your Aux Mix channels into the USB channels to stream this signal out over the USB interface.

Here are a couple of videos for your reference:

Cheers,
    Rafael

Profile photo of Jeric
    Jeric
    Participant

@rafael

We’re using the QU SB console (the one with no physical faders). Can you provide me a step-by-step process on how to do this? I’ve tried searching multiple platforms, but the explanation seems to be lacking something, or might be too technical for me. Most of them do not apply to the unit that we have, ours is I guess, the entry level model.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

@jeric,

It works just the same, but via the App instead.

Profile photo of Rafael A&H
    Rafael A&H

Hello @jeric,

The process is the same, only that it is done through the app.
    The GUI might be slightly different in terms of displaying things in a different way, as this is an application and not an exact copy of the QU GUI. However, the process is the same.

For your reference:

Cheers,
    Rafael

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.