How to connect IEMs to Qu-24

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions How to connect IEMs to Qu-24

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of RedneckpilotRedneckpilot
    Participant

Our church recently purchased a Qu-24, along with some other equipment as an upgrade from our old system. Our four-piece band is interested in wireless IEMs. To determine if IEMs will serve us well, I purchased an Xvive U4 to test. I’m normally pretty tech savvy, but this doesn’t seem to be overly intuitive. How do I physically connect the transmitter to the board and then make it work?

Profile photo of Mike CMike C
    Participant

You will use one of the mix outs on the back of the mixer to feed to XVIVE I would use a mic cable to move it away from the mixer.
    The mix out should be set to PRE fade for monitor use.

Don’t be surprised if you get random drop outs with the XVIVE system, they operate in the same frequency space as 2.4 WIFI.

Profile photo of SteffenRSteffenR
    Participant

And as far as I remember, these systems are mono.

Participant

So each individual IEM will require its own mix output from the board?

Participant

Yes those are mono.
    If you want each person to have a dedicated monitor mix each would need to
    use a separate mix out, if it would work out multiple people could share the same mix. their receiver packs would all be on the same channel as one transmitter.

Participant

Now I think I understand. Thanks for the help!

Participant

I looked at our board yesterday, and unfortunately all of our mixer outputs are in use except for one. Is there an IEM system out there that uses one mixer output from the board that allows multiple IEMs to connect to it where each user can customize their own personal IEM mix?

Profile photo of RoyRoy
    Participant

No – the output from that mix is fixed to however you’ve mixed it.

I’d also steer clear of the XVive – I have one and it’s awful. They sound very thin to me and get frequent dropouts even from only a few metres. Go for an LD Mei1000 or U50x system. Better value for not much more money.

Participant

When you say all of the mixer outputs are in use except one is that just the mix outs or every output jack on the mixer?

If the group outputs are not used keep in mind the groups can be switched to operate as two more additional aux mixes.

Participant

Mixer Outputs 3, 6, 8, and 9 are open on the back of the board with nothing plugged into them. The Mixer buttons are programmed for other floor monitors and the Facebook stream, EXCEPT for Mix 3, which is currently unused. I don’t believe any of the Groups are in use at this point either.

I think I’ll need three IEMs at a minimum. Four would be nice, but three is our minimum.

Participant

Mix outs 6, 8, 9 are one half of the stereo mix out so they could not be used
    for another mix.

Mix 3 is a mono mix and sounds like it is unused at this time.

Using mix 3 and changing the groups to function as a mix would get you the three mixes.

Participant

What do I plug into when using the groups?

Participant

The groups can be switched to stereo mixes and the group outs are the mix/aux outs then.

To set up the mix just select the group and mix sends function the same as the other mixes.

Participant

I looked at the back of the board and saw the plugs for the Groups. We’ll give it a shot. Hopefully we can get it set up without any further questions. I really appreciate your help!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.