How can I mute FX in Mix 3 output.

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions How can I mute FX in Mix 3 output.

Tagged: , , , ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of aurblack
    aurblack
    Participant

Please, help me, I don’t understand how can I do it.

When I select the “Mix3 output” page, and turn off signal(with FX) of my microphone in Mix3 out, the FX doesn’t mute.
    Why? What I set up incorrectly?

I need to mute the FX signal together default microphone signal in Mix3 out, when I turn off the microphone channel fader on Mix3 out page.
    How can I do it?

Thanks a lot and sorry for this topic. I’m a beginner and it’s my first digital mixer. :/

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Should be able to.

Press Mix 3
    Press upper layer button on left side
    Mute the FX return(s). Have to try but think you can program a mute group and DCA to do that from a soft switch.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Just to double check, you want to only mute a mic and it’s assigned FX in mix 3 only while leaving the mic open and working every where else.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Another question, do you want the FX on that mic to be on every where else as well when it is muted in mix 3?

Profile photo of aurblack
    aurblack
    Participant

Mike C – Yeees. I want to mute FX ONLY in Mix3 when the default signal of the Mic is muted only in Mix3.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

You could do it with a scene change by turning off the routing of the mic to mix 3 and the FX return to mix 3. Program a soft key to recall and load the mute scene and another soft key to recall the un-muted scene.

Another way would be to split the mic signal either with a Y cable or stage box patching into two separate channels, one channel would feed all of the other needed outputs and one channel would be set up to feed only mix 3, hitting the mute button on the mic input
    channel would do what you need.

Do you have a dedicated FX set up only for mix 3 or are taking the mix 3 FX from another FX processor that also feeds other mixes.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.